Dress Me Dearly is expanding! I'm looking for a creative, upbeat and ambitious intern to join me in promoting Edmonton's fashion community. My new teammate will assist with blog content, social media, fashion shoots, community events, administrative work and more.
The ideal DMD intern is someone looking for opportunities to delve into Edmonton's fashion scene at every angle. You'll have chances to connect with major players in Alberta's fashion community and build an extensive portfolio in wardrobe styling, writing and event planning. Oh, and the best part? Invites to all of Alberta's coolest fashion and arts parties. For networking, of course.
You don't have to be an expert in fashion, just have a keen interest in digital media and strong communication skills. Anything you don't know can certainly be learned!
- Assist with wardrobe sourcing and on-site styling for fashion photo shoots and media opportunities
- Brainstorm and write content, conduct research and provide photos for blog posts
- Assist with events including sponsorship coordination, setup and overall event planning
- Capture behind the scenes photos and video during DMD projects to be used for social media and blog posts
- Some assistance with administrative tasks including invoicing and client followup
- Friendly, creative and professional
- Passionate about digital media
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Personal interest in fashion with a strong sense of style
- Comfortable using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- Confident in taking good quality photos
- Organized and able to complete projects independently
- Prior experience with photography, video editing, graphic design, writing, social media and blogging are major assets
- This is an unpaid role, but with lots of perks. Paid opportunities will sometimes be available.
- Estimated monthly hours are 10 hours per month with a very flexible schedule. These hours include your work from home, at events, team meetings and onsite at DMD projects. Expect to work an average of two hours per week, sometimes more depending on required assistance at major projects and events. Team meetings will occur once per month. Must be available to work weekdays.
- Must be 18 years of age or older due to the nature of some photo shoots and required attendance at events that serve alcohol.
POSTING NOW CLOSED. Thanks to everyone who applied!